The Exeter Mens Challenge
- 1) All matches will be refereed to EVA rules and the supplementary rules listed below.
- 2) Each match will consist of a single ?? minute set.
- 3) Before the match starts, the referee will call the team captains together, to decide service and ends.
- 4) A hooter will be blown for the start and finish of the matches, any rally in progress when the hooter is blown will be allowed to continue. If during a Knock Out match the scores are level at the time
the hooter is blown, play will continual until the next winning point is scored.
- 5) All teams will provide the following officials when requested. A first and second referee, a scorer and two base line officials.
- 6) If a team is not present on court when the hooter is blown for the start, then a penalty point for every 30 seconds delay, will be awarded to the opposition.
- 7) There will be no time-outs allowed during any match.
- 8) Referees are asked not to allow substitution during the last five minutes of a closely fought match (except for injuries).
- 9) Although rotation slips are not required, teams will be penalized for obvious rotations faults.
- 10) The winning team captain is responsible for handing in the match score sheet.
- 11) Three match points will be awarded for a win, two point for a draw, one
point if within 75% of the winning score. The team placing will be decided in the order of match points then total points, scored during the round robin session.
- 12) Any other problem should be referred to the competition organisers.
- Teams may warm up on court during the interval period.
- If you are using a camera, please register it at the tournament desk.
- The final and highlights from other matches (except junior teams) will be recorded for the
- We do allow U15 Boys to take part, either as part of an existing Ladies
team or as a U15 Boy’s team as long as the following conditions have been
(i) Under 15 years of age on the 1st
September in the year the league season.
(ii) Over 12 years of age.
(iii) Physique appropriate for playing on a 2.24m net
height. Ref: Playing Strength / height.